lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

company stopped paying on contract after 24 months still owe

company stopped paying on contract after 24 months still owe 12 months. reason they said was I violated a non compete agreement . I did not and infact went out of my way not to.
They never notified me they were were unhappy but just one day sent an email saying I scammed them and violated their contract.. No legal notice was sent or registered mail to notify. What options would I have?
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions.

How much money is involved?

How far do you want to take it?

Are they local to you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 2k /mo so 24,000.00

Not sure what my options are but can not afford much

yes they are local

The fact that they are local is to your advantage if you wish to proceed with any legal action. Usually your first option is a certified letter to them demanding that they comply with the terms of the contract. You can also demand an explanation of their reason for the termination. If you have a good relationship with someone, of course the first option is a phone call but if not then the certified letter.

If you do not get a satisfactory response you may want to consider suing in small claims. The limit is 10,000 but it is quicker and you do not need an attorney. Just by filing you may be able to some sort of resolution.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well thats pretty much what my wife told me. I was hoping for a better answer although I do not know what that could be..

Your wife should go to law school. Often there is only one answer. You can try to negotiate or you can sue. Those are really your only options.