Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.

Wife o spouse writes to my company rasing suspicions of sexaula

Customer Question

Wife o spouse writes to my company rasing suspicions of sexaula harassment against her husband. Company and husband agree that none existes, but I am feeling harassed as I'm certain the letter-writing will continue; also sometimes sits outside my company in a car, alleagedly wating for spouse, but is menacing in appearance. How can I get this to stop?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Sam :

Hi

Sam :

I am sorry you are experiencing this

Sam :

So this wife is saying that you are sexually harassing her husband and you work with him? Is that correct?

Customer :

Yes

Sam :

And you feel uncomfortable and maybe even fearful of this woman as she sits in the parking lot of your employment?

Customer :

Yes I do

Sam :

Ok. Thank you.

Sam :

I suggest that what you first need to do is write her a letter to cease and desist with her activities. That she is annoying and harassing and her behavior is causing you concern. That you are not harassing her husband and she has been told that. Explain in the letter that if she continues with this behavio

Sam :

that you will have no other option but to call the police and file criminal harassment charges and that she should consider this letter as being placed ON NOTICE to stop

Sam :

The letter needs to be mailed to her certified mail with a return receipt requested.

Sam :

This way you have proof that she has been told that the behavior is harassing and you have given her Notice to stop

Sam :

You will need that, if she continues with the behavior and you need to file a police report

Sam :

I hope that it does not come to that, but if she continues after she has gotten the letter then you also can tell the police in addition to the criminal charges you want a restraining order

Sam :

that will keep her from the parking lot as well as from a certain distance to you at all times

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I trust you can see what I have written in the Chat portion of this thread

If you have other questions, please post them here and I will provide you information. Otherwise, I would appreciate you taking time to rate this service "good to excellent" so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close your question. You will always be able to review it. It will only close a Chat - Thank you and good luck