AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney At Law

My current parenting plan indicates a specific mediator were

My current parenting plan indicates a specific mediator we're required to utilize prior to taking any unresolved issue to court.
While I have participated in mediation with this person & have been very pleased with his rulings and skills -- I only recently have a need to actually bring items to be mediated between my ex wife & I about our daughter.
My now wife & I sent in our request along with a check & have received response that this particular person has since retired and no longer provides this service.
Am I allowed to select a mediator since the one required in our plan is not available any longer?
The issues are time sensitive and I don't know how to proceed.
I'm in Washington State -- options wouldnt allow me to select this,

Thank You
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 1 year ago.

AttyCBradford :

yes if the mediator is no longer available and there is a pressing issue then you may. However, you and your ex spouse need to agree on the mediator and it would be best to put it in writing on who you are agreeing to

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all your questions then please press accept and provide positive feedback, so I receive credit for my work. If not and you have additional questions please ask, and I will respond promptly. Please note: this is a PAID ANSWERING service, once your question has been answered, press accept. This conversation does not constitute an attorney-client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Lastly, sometimes it may take a moment to respond as I work with several customers at a time. Thank you and best of luck.

Customer:

Thank you for responding & this advice is helpful -- however my ex wife will never agree to anything that has to do with me -- can I offer her a choice of mediators or services and give a deadline to respond or get back to me or I will select one?

Customer:

Since what I'm bringing to mediation are things she is seriously doing wrong re: the parenting plan (stopped paying private school tuition & my daughter is being kicked out and I didn't know, no longer going by our child care agreement, etc.) there 's no reason she's going to agree to anything I propose so I hope there's a way I can give her a chance to research people (or even select someone herself) -- but hope to put a deadline together so I can keep my daughter in the school.

Customer:

I will be happy to provide the best feedback because your answer was quite helpful

AttyCBradford :

i would give her the choice of three mediators explain the situation and ask her to choose. Yes I would give her a deadline otherwise you will have to go to court to have a mediator appointed

AttyCBradford :

thank you! Positive feedback is appreciated as that is how we get credit for our responses

Customer:

Thank you for the follow up information -- I am so grateful for this!

AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney At Law