AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney At Law
66829710

Is there a restriction on taking Frontline and / or Advantage

Is there a restriction on taking Frontline and / or Advantage or any flea & tick control product back into England through customs ? How would I find out if I can bring this product back into England with me for use on our own family pets ? I would have it in the original package, sealed and clearly marked but in my checked in luggage.

AttyCBradford :

Hello frontline is sold in England/UK is there a reason that you want to transport it?

AttyCBradford :

If so, as long as the package is sealed and marked and you declare it with the airline you should be fine.

AttyCBradford :

Here is a link to frontline in UK

AttyCBradford :

http://uk.frontline.com/Pages/default.aspx

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

The cost in the UK is double what it costs here, and my family has several boxes that they are not going to be using, so it would save me a lot of money to take this back with me to use. That's why. Cost , of course. Even if its in my checked in suitcase ? I' d have to declare it ? That is interesting to me, its not any kind of contra ban. But I really do need to know.

Customer:

Also, it is illegal to purchase Comfortis from Australia and have it shipped here, because it is - The cost here if outrageous, and needs a prescription, and we are being price gouged by that company. Still, we can buy it in Australia and have it shipped to an address not in the USA and them bring it in with no problem. The 'Why' is always - cost - . Is there a way to reach some customs person who can verify that its ok to bring it back with me ?

AttyCBradford :

If its checked in your suitcase then no you are fine. Generally, you declare medications when they are carry on. I know that from personal experience. You can call the airline or customs let me find you a number

AttyCBradford :

But in the US you do not need a perscription for frontline, so you are not transporting medication without a perscription

AttyCBradford :

Try calling or checking out this website https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/66/search/1

AttyCBradford :

or this one

AttyCBradford :

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/67/search/1

AttyCBradford :

Found it here is the confirmation

AttyCBradford :

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1217/kw/OTC%20medications

AttyCBradford :

Can I travel with non-prescription medicines, or other products such as vitamins and health supplements?

Non-prescription medicines (also known as over-the-counter or OTCmedicines), vitamins, herbs, and supplement products fall under the jurisdiction of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In general FDA will not object to the personal importation of those products, as long as:

- The traveler is carrying the products in their possession (or in their luggage);

- The amount being carried is an amount reasonably considered for personal use.

For additional information please consult the FDA Consumer Alert webpage via the following link: FDA.gov, or call 1-888-723-3366.

AttyCBradford :

I think you will be just fine but call the 1888 number if you still have questions

AttyCBradford :
Customer:

Ok, I will call the numbers but f y i calling an airline for customs info is not worthwhile. I was searching for words to describe that. I worked for a major world carrier for all my life and believe me, we have no clue what is and what is not Ok according to customs in any given country, and mine was a world wide carrier, Pan Am. I cannot call customs in England, can I ? ? I need to fine a way to verify this for sure, not '' I think '' it will be just fine. I can't justify getting to the customs in the UK and having them throw out expensive Frontline & Advantage that could have been used here in the U S A by somebody else for their pets . I want to bring them back - they will save me a lot of money if I do that, for my own pets, but I do not want to have them thrown away, better to leave them here and give them away rather than have them thrown away.

Customer:

I need to take some time now to check out the referrals but remember, this question is about taking the Frontline and Advantage into England From the U S A .