Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

in a home insurance when they write CONTENTS is it personal

in a home insurance when they write CONTENTS is it personal belongings ONLY/

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Are you talking about personal possession vs. items used to run a business? Is the business incorporated or an LLC?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i AM REFERING (BY THE WAY THIS IS A HOME OWNER'S INSURANCE ) TO WHETHER THIS CONTANTS REFERS ONLY TO PERSONAL PROPERTY.oR THAT MAY INCLUDE LIKE KITCHEN GABINETS .

Thank you for clarifying.
A contents policy is going to specifically apply to personal possession - clothes, furniture, books, computers, and things like that. Anything that is movable will be considered part of the contents. Anything that is permanently affixed to the structure of the home is legally considered a "fixture." It usually would not be covered as part of the contents, but should be covered as part of the policy that insures the structure of the property. You may want to read your exclusions page to be sure, but fixtures should be covered.