Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Could the media in my area be contacted and if so would they

Could the media in my area be contacted and if so would they report it without contacting me since there is no legal issues here ? It has been one week now.

Thank you for your question and thank you very kindly for requesting me to assist you further.

The media has no duty to contact you or inform you that they were contacted on your behalf. They can be contacted but I see them doing nothing. I really see no reason why a news organization would get interested in any way over something that is a private conversation. This isn't newsworthy if all that occurred is what you said, and it was simply a conversation between two consenting adults.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks again. You are being reassuring and I hope and pray you are right. This is a small rural area so news of a scandalous nature might be more apt to be reported about a teacher. I know I have been a pain about this but it is nothing but my WHOLE LIFE ! I have definitely learned my lesson however ! I certainly will stay away since I know nothing about the other party -not even a name.

Thank you for your follow-up, Roger.

You are not being a pain at all, as you said that this is simply your whole life and it is no wonder that you are concerned. Since you do not know anything about this person, there is no need to pry or look into it beyond what you have already done, and since you do not know their name, it is rairly tough to track them down. Consider letting it die down as you truly have not done anything wrong. Good luck and may you have a better New Years!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its been 2 weeks and nothing yet. How long would it take it I were going to hear from this ?

Thank you for your follow-up, Roger.

I apologize but I cannot answer that for you. The only thing I can tell you, and something you should take hope from, is that if they had something to pursue (or they were contacted), they would have done so by now. I still maintain that the comment provided to you is simply an idle threat, and is a tool that many scammers or bullies utilize.

A few weeks ago my law firm received an email stating that 'we know what you did, and we will be reporting it to the state bar'. I ignored it for one simple reason--it is human nature to think of the worst we have ever done and stress out over whatever it was that we were supposed to perform. Such emails are designed to worry, threaten, confuse, and cause issues--but they have nothing behind it. Until and if you are contacted by someone from the media, or I get contacted by the bar association would either need to worry, until then it is merely designed to make us worry, nothing more.

Good luck.