RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

Is online gambling of texas hold em no limit in the state of

Is online gambling of texas hold em no limit in the state of wi illegal?
Thank you for your question.

All online gambling is actually illegal under the law of all 50 states and the Federal government, unless it is government run, such as a state lottery. You can find a list of anti-gaming laws by state here.

Many of these sites exist offshore where it is hard for the government to regulate them - plus, as fast as one is closed down, another pops up. However, the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act in 2006 has made internet gambling illegal in the US. The Act bans “gambling businesses from knowingly accepting payments in connection with the participation of another person in a bet or wager that involves the use of the Internet and that is unlawful under any federal or state law.”

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or require any follow-up. I am here to help.