Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I would like to speak

I would like to speak to someone about someone opening a profile in my deceased fathers name and adding inappropriate posts

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I am sorry for your loss.

Facebook is unfortunately notoriously difficult to get ahold of to talk to someone. They do have an online form that you can use to request that the profile be removed. They require that you submit a copy of your father's death certificate, along with proof that you are the representative of your father's estate (or that the representative contact them). They may also allow you to upload other evidence that you are related, such as a birth certificate listing him as your father.

Another option is to report the page as abusive from the page itself.

You can attempt to send a letter to Facebook at 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025 or call them at 650-543-4800. However, they have established that form request as the method of seeking removal of an account for someone who has passed, and may refuse to help with requests sent via phone or mail.