Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have recently taken a position with a company, I have a previous

I have recently taken a position with a company, I have a previous arrest record that dates back 7 years which includes a felony probation term, i compleated the term sucessufully and currently live in Nebraska. My question is when I filed the application I did not state anything on the question about the arrest record is there potential for job loss if I dont have it sealed by the courts? Or since I completed the probation term sucessufully is it allright to answer no on the question.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
To be perfectly honest with you, if you were convicted of a felony and placed on probation, then it is still a conviction and technically you couldn't answer no on the application. Only if you were put on some type of pretrial diversion program where you were on probation and then the charge was dismissed and expunged could you answer no to the conviction question.
.
If the employer were to run a background check and it showed up on the check, that would be grounds to terminate based on your application being inaccurate.
.
Since it is already done, about all you can do now is hope they don't actually run a criminal background check or that the conviction doesn't show up if they do.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What will you charge to contact the courts and have my record sealed..

Unfortunately my agreement with JA prevents me from representing customers from JA's website. But if you were to contact a local criminal defense attorney, I would opine that s/he could file a petition for around $750-$1,000. However, if this was an actual felony conviction, these typically aren't able to be expunged in Nebraska because the only cases that are eligible for expungement are cases that did not result in a conviction along with some juvenile cases.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher.It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing.There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.