AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney At Law
66829710

My husband is in the process of an appeal. He went to court

My husband is in the process of an appeal. He went to court on the 29th of November for a motion to compel. The judge ordered the state to produce a 911 tape within 15 days. The 15 days expired on the 20th of December. The tape was not produced. What happens now?

AttyCBradford :

He could file a contempt motion asking for the case to be overturned, dismissed, or in the alternative that they produce the 911 tape within a day or dismiss. Additionally he could ask for sanctions on the prosecuting attorney

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all your questions then please press accept and provide positive feedback, so I receive credit for my work. If not and you have additional questions please ask, and I will respond promptly. Please note: this is a PAID ANSWERING service, once your question has been answered, press accept. This conversation does not constitute an attorney-client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Lastly, sometimes it may take a moment to respond as I work with several customers at a time. Thank you and best of luck.

Customer: What types of sanctions could be granted against the other attorney for failure to comply?
AttyCBradford :

you can ask for them to be jailed, ordered to pay a fine, or that the case be dismissed

AttyCBradford :

http://pinterest.com/pin/192036371581263568/

AttyCBradford :

whoops sorry that last was an error

Customer: thanks so much for your help. I have a lot more insight now on what this next hearing will consist of.