AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney At Law

can the city council of my town tell me how many cats I can keep in my

can the city council of my town tell me how many cats I can keep in my own home also cancan the animal control office or duly authorizedor public health official enter my house to inspect my cats without permission?wellington ks sumner county
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

I hate to say that this is probably going to be a "bad news" answer. I will be glad to continue but only with the understanding that a bad news answer does not constitute bad or poor service. You are never required to give any rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is all

I am sorry for the delay you have had in receiving a response. I am afraid that the city council can pass ordinances under their right to regulate health and safety that limits the number of pets in general that can be kept at any residence or on any property.

Animal control or any other law enforcement requires your permission or a search warrant to enter your property unless they have proof of some emergency condition on the premises that would be grounds to search without a warrant.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Hello! I am sorry you did not like the other experts answer. I will provide a little additional information, but my answer remains the same. The wellington city council MAY pass an ordinance limiting the number of animals (cats) you may have in your house.

In fact, they already did. Effective Jan. 1, 2013, a homeowner in Wellington, KS can only have 4 cats per house.

As for animal control coming into your house, they would still need permission or a warrant. They cannot just randomly enter to check.
Hope that clarified things and you feel that you have been provided excellent service. Remember to rate accordingly.
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney At Law