Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

if a "bail" is paid by a person on "personal recogizance rather

if a "bail" is paid by a person on "personal recogizance' rather tha using a bail bonds office - as the peron is nor "on probation" the bail refundable should the accused appear as scheduled?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Usually, when a person is released on personal recognizance, there is no cash amount paid to the court. Therefore, there is nothing to return after the last court appearance.
Where a cash bail amount is set, and the accused puts down cash instead of using a bail bondsman, yes, that is fully refundable. What happens is, when you use a bondsman, the court refunds 100% of the bond, but the part that the accused put down is kept as the bondsman's fee. With no bondsman, that fee is eliminated, and 100% of the bail is returned as long as the person appears at all hearings.
If you have any questions at all about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service at 3-5 faces/stars so that I get credit for helping you today. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is how i understood the "process" and i fully appreciate your validation of my, however sketchy, the process should work..thank you!!!

You're welcome. Your understanding was correct. Have a good evening.