TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

RELS Credit continues to make hard inquiries on my credit report

RELS Credit continues to make hard inquiries on my credit report a full year after we finalized our mortgage loan negotiations with Wells Fargo. Can you tell me how I can get RELS to discontinue their inquiries and how I can get the recent inquiries removed from my report?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I would write a letter to RELS and tell them that you did not authorize any hard inquiries, that you want them immediately removed from your credit report, and that no more hard inquiries should be made without your express written authority.  RELS will likely stop once it receives the letter.

However, in addition to the letter to RELS, I would also write to the three major credit bureaus and inform them that you did not authorize the hard inquiries and that they should be immediately removed.  The credit bureaus will then check with RELS as to whether it had authority, and if not, then it will remove the inquiries.

Does that answer your question?  Let me know if you need clarification, and please remember to rate me positively so that I receive credit for my efforts.

Thank you and good luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much!

You are quite welcome. Thank you for using our service!