MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

What happens when i speak over the phone as my mother? She

Customer Question

What happens when i speak over the phone as my mother? She cant speak for her self.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. To whom would you be speaking and what is to be achieved from the communications (when you speak on your mother's behalf)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I spoke on her behalf of LifeLock and it put a fraud alert on her credit reports.

Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
What did you say in your communications on her behalf?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I spoke as if I was her. That two different companies had spoke to me about an order they had recieved from her. I found out later a person had applied for a credit card and had ordered from one of these companies.

Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
You mentioned "a person had applied for a credit card," I assume that person was not you and that your mother never authorized this credit card application. Did your mother provide you with a Power of Attorney to act on her behalf? Did you commit your mother to any financial arrangement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My mother has a guardian. No I did commit my mom to any finanical arragement. I just want it off her credit report that she never applied for credit card and I didnt either. Her guardian asked me to speak on her behalf and thought I had right as her Represtive Payee. Do I?

Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, because her guardian requested that you act as her agent, you were authorized to do so, but should not commit your mother to any financial arrangement unless expressly requested to do so by her guardian. Essentially, what I am saying is that the guardian has the ability to speak on your mother's behalf and the guardian can appoint you to do so on a case by case basis, and because the guardian asked you to do in this instance, you had the right to do so. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need additional guidance regarding this matter.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Do you have any follow up questions? If I have answered your questions, please remember to rate my answers positively. I have no control over the law unfortunately, and I DO NOT receive any credit for answering your questions unless you positively rate my answers.