Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

can a federal crop insurance agent do this? Example; There

can a federal crop insurance agent do this? Example; There is a agent in my area that has been trying to find land for existing and potential customers for in return they give him their business. Now I am a farmer and I lost some small acreage from his brother because we did not do our crop insurance with him. And the person that rents it now gave him his business since renting this particular land. Also the crop insurance agent is working with a Land owner trying to pursuade him to lease his ground to this other producer in return gain 1000 acres more business
The only thing you could try would be suing for interference with your contractual relations in leasing the land, but legally it is not unlawful for him to make deals to have his brother rent to people who buy insurance from him. This is borderline in that the insurance agent cannot pay the landowners any kickbacks for getting his tenants to buy insurance from him and the insurance agent cannot be splitting commissions with a non-agent, but you would need proof of this or file a complaint with the insurance commissioner for investigation into whether or not he is splitting fees or giving kickbacks which could be illegal depending on exactly what he is doing with the fees or money.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”