Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My son had moving violations but not a dui but he was to get

My son had moving violations but not a dui but he was to get sr 22 insurance. He was just honerably discharged from the army and did have enough money to get sr 22 insurance for a year all at once. He did that then after it was all taken care of he went to the DMV and thay gave him his licence. A few month later he was stoped at a checkpoint and thay said he had no licence even if he showed them his licence. what went wrong we thought we did every thing right. can he again get a full year of the insurance and make it so he can get a licence. How can we get a licence and make sure it is done right

d
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

JD 1992 : What did they say about the license? Did he get a ticket?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thay took him to jail he took care of everything and went to cort paid a fine but no one told him how to get a licence. At the time he was stopped he did not receive a ticket for anything other than driving with no licence which he was not aware he did not have
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
What happened between the time they gave him the license at the DMV and the time he got stopped? Did he lose the license?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he had not more tickets
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he was never stopped or had any problems with the law. He was never given a ticket after he received his licence form the DMV
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Did they ever explain why if he had gotten a license from the DMV that they charged him with that?

I am just about to log off, we are having some weather problems here, but we can continue in the morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O K I have talked with other people who have had the same thing happen it as if the DMV and in kansas the dept that handles the sr 22 do not know what the other one is doing. thanks talk to you later
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
He should have been able to prove to the court when he went that he had a license just by showing it to them. It would have a date AFTER the license suspension. Did he do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was just able to get back to my computer. He did show it to the officer who stoped him and then ran it through his computer. that was the first my son had heard his licence was not valid. Can we just start over [ he has no outstanding tickets] do the sr 22 insurance then go back to the DMV. Then go to the DMV and make sure the licence through them it is valid. Thanks for you help

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to do so. However, what he needs to do this time is save all of the receipts, etc. and keep them with him as well in case he is stopped again.

How long ago did he go to the judge on the ticket?
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience: Began practicing law in 1992