TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I am currently renting a trailer in a mobile home community.

I am currently renting a trailer in a mobile home community. I am having trouble with noisy neighbors who party every weekend. I am also having trouble with the office repairing anything. It sometimes takes them almost two months. I would like to get out of my lease due to these problems. what are my options?

In regard to the repairs, what kind of repairs are you needing done?

Do you have a written lease?

Does the lease state anything about who will do repairs?

If so, what does the lease say?

-ZDN
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes we have a written lease. Repairs such as a leaky bathtub, the dishwasher is leaking, the toilet continuously runs, and they just replaced a missing bottom drawer to the refrigerator that hasn't been there since we moved in. We also have some sort of bug problem. I called and reported them as soon as I noticed them. It's been over two weeks and nothing has been done. They are responsible for all repairs and that's including pest control.
OK.

In order to terminate the lease, you have to send a certified letter to the landlord demanding repair. If they don't repair at that point, you can then terminate the lease and move out. The landlord may say you are breaking the lease, but if they do not repair a health and safety issue such as the leaky pipes, you will win any lawsuit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do I have any protection as far as the neighbors go?
The landlord is not responsible for the neighbors being noisy. Your best bet there is to start calling the police on them.