TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I was at a rent stablelization board, hearing today with a

I was at a rent stablelization board, hearing today with a landlord that provided no heat for my apartment for three years and the mediator judge gave me a three year rebate for no heat the landlord has to pay me, how do I get my money from her, do I need to request or reminder her in writing, and if so, how long would it take for me to get my money (rebate) for no heat from her. Elaine
Expert:  TexLaw replied 2 years ago.
Did the judge issue a written order?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think so, she asked the landlord a few questions, such as did she have a heating unit in the apartment, and the landlord told the judge, no that she surposily gave me a portable heater when I moved in, I told the judge that was not true, the judge said she was going to grant me $150 dollars of my rent, and that it will start from the time I moved in, starting from the month in 2009 that I moved into her apartment.I was in shock, so I can not remmember to repeat all that was said other than the portable heater situation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
she also wrote something as she was talking to the landlord, I do remmber her saying she was order that the land lord also has to install a heating system, and she had so many days to notify the building inspector, and so forth,Elaine
Expert:  TexLaw replied 2 years ago.
OK. You need to go to your landlord and talk to them about how they want to pay and see when they want to install a heater. If they say that they are not going to pay you or follow the judge's order, then you need to tell them that you are going to file a Motion for Contempt against them. If they still refuse to comply with the judge's order, then you have to go back to the court and ask for a contempt order from the judge, or a "writ of execution" that allows you to go cease the landlord's property to satisfy the judgment.
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs