TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

Just sent by problem and hit the wrong key

What is your specific question? I'd be happy to help you if I can.

-ZDN
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What else can I do to get this business owner to send me my refund check after waiting now over 3 months, The business owner sent me a personal check for over $1,000.00 which bounced. I sent him a certified letter to his home address, a regular letter to his business address, contacted the better business bureau, and made many phone calls. He is avoiding me, what else can I do?

Louise Babicii

Hi Ms. Babicci,

The next step is filing a lawsuit to collect.

How much does the he owe you?

Does he live in the same town as you?

-ZDN
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He owes me a total of $1,379.00. He lives in Pennsylvania, and his business is in Pennsylvania.

Since he owes you under $10,000.00, the best thing for you to do would be to file a small claims lawsuit against him. However, you will have to file it in PA, in the city where he lives. The filing fees are usually around $150 or less and you can file the lawsuit by mail. That means you only have to go to court on the day of your hearing and tell the judge your story to get a judgment.

Once you get a judgment, if he doesn't pay, you can seize his property through the sheriff.

Let me know if you are interest in knowing more about this option. If so, tell me the exact address of the business owner and I will get the small claims court information for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I want to have all the options I can get, I will not let him get away with this, and I will never give up getting my money back. I would appreciate if you the the small claims court information for me.

His Business address is:

Italian Brothers

16 West 5th St

Chester, Pa 19013

His home address is:

XXXXX/p>

Brookhaven, Pa 19015

You will need to contact the Pennsylvania Secretary of State to see if this is an incorporated business. The phone number is: https://www.corporations.state.pa.us/corp/soskb/contact.asp

If it is incorporated, then you need to sue the corporation at address on file with the secretary of state (the "registered address").

If it is not incorporated, then you sue him personally at the Brookhaven address.

You file the following forms by filling them out and sending them to
http://www.pacourts.us/NR/rdonlyres/1AC033BB-1F6D-4C09-933F-76173C40EA83/0/AOPC308A11.pdf

You will need to have a money order for $67.50 for the filing fees

Then you need to call the court at(NNN) NNN-NNNNto request further instructions on what the precise procedure is for filing through the mail.

After that, the court will issue a trial date which you will have to attend to win the case.

Good Luck,
ZDN