BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.

a customer that i did $1489.00 work on rv trailer took off

a customer that i did $1489.00 work on rv trailer took off and did not pay bill. his truck was hooked up to take off on he would pay the bill. I am a small bussines guy that lost my major income on the bills owed. How do I get the bottom dollar back?
Expert:  BizAttorney replied 1 year ago.

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. In order to better assist you, I need to ask you a few quick questions. Did you know the name and residence of the owner of the RV trailer? Also, did you perform work based upon a contract?

Customer:

Yes.the customer was broke down and i fully repaired the rv. I have both po box and fessical addres . yes it was preformed to get his rv down the highway and to his home.

BizAttorney :

Great, you would actually need to first send a letter requesting payment, similar to an invoice etc. to the address of the owner. Is the address in your county and state?

Customer:

No. In montana we punish guys like this. Colorado has slap a hand SHAME on you but my ex from 97 today had a bill that i payed otherwise i would of had a judgement.

BizAttorney :

I see, that is unfortunate. You would have to bring a suit against the owner in CO, which will cost you lawyer fees and court costs. It is sad that a good samaritan ends up getting ripped off for helping.

BizAttorney :

That is what you must do though if you want to collect. You have to pay an attorney (or do it yourself) and file a small claims complaint in the county where the owner lives.

BizAttorney :

It may not even be worth pursuing, but if it is, that is what you need to do.

BizAttorney :

You'd file a complaint and then serve that complaint on the owner. The court would set the matter for a hearing and then you'd go before the judge. If the judge agrees with you, which he will, then you will win.

Customer:

Thank you. So all of us give things like this to the goverment to absorb the nonpayments of service.?

Customer:

No. Must mean everybody pays for the non payment threw the taxes. that is wrong to all.!

BizAttorney : I agree it is wrong. The civil system makes it just about money. Small amounts are lost when it is not worth collecting through the courts.
BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience: Over 12 years of business and legal experience.