TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

can i sue my former company...bnsf railroad in small claims

can i sue my former company...bnsf railroad in small claims court in washington state?

Thank you for your question.

You state you have a cumulative trauma case which has caused you to have a disability and that the claim is against your employer BNSF.

Were you directly employed by BNSF?

I look forward to hearing back from you.
-ZDN
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i became disabled forbeing bipolar in 2011...i was a conductor for bnsf railroad for twenty years...i collect a railroad disability check...full pschiatric disability under social security standards...i have been seeing doctors for 16 months forlow back discdamage...made a mistake dealing with claims agent directly...made a statement...ect..ect...he doesnt want to give me anything....due to mental illness i feel he feels im a soft touch....im wondering if its legal to sue these guys in small claims court?id be willing to go through a lot ofeffort if i even got a small chance ofsuccess....thank u...bill

Thanks for your response. You should not file a lawsuit in small claims court for this claim. Your claim is covered by the Washington Workmen's Compensation Act. Your claim would be for workers compensation benefits, and must go through the state agency procedures before you can file a suit. Please refer to the following website for more information on how to press your workers compensation claim:

http://www.lni.wa.gov/ClaimsIns/claims/

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please also remember to rate my services positively so that I might receive payment from the website for my work.

Thanks,
ZDN