Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

I have a 2 year contract with Dish Network. I have had a lot

Customer Question

I have a 2 year contract with Dish Network. I have had a lot of trouble with the system for about 4months. I have been on the phone with Dish from 6:00 pm to 7:30 Friday and from 3:00 pm until 4:30 pm today trying to get satisfaction . In total i have spoken with 6 different Techs getting no satisfaction. I finnally gat to speak with a Superviser who hung up on me. Please tell me what rights i have
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. Can you tell me your goal so I can more specifically help you accomplish what you are seeking? Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My goal is to cancel my contract with Dish Network

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. That's not going to be a problem. Dish is in default for failing to perform. You have every right to terminate your contract with them without penalty to you due to their failure to perform their duties under the contract. Write them a letter, sent by certified mail, detailing all the history, and informing them that due to their default you are terminating your contractual relationship with them effectively immediately. Let them know if they contest this in any way and/or file any negative credit report against you, you will not only contest this vigorously, but also immediately file suit against them for defamation.

Thank you so
much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I've done my best to provide information which
will be helpful to you.
If I have not
fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I
have misinterpreted your questions in any way,
please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so
I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer
. If I have fully answered your
question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service
with 3, 4, or 5
faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to
provide me a positive rating!