Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

My ex-wife transferred a deed on Dec 1, 2012 using her legal

My ex-wife transferred a deed on Dec 1, 2012 using her legal name Michele S Etemad showing a drivers liscense to the notary and then on Dec 2, 2012 tranferred another deed using her maiden name Michele N Schwartzott producing a birth certificate. This was attempt to hide the sale of the house so she wouldn't have to split the proceeds from a divorce. Can you point me if any, to a Texas Law statue she commited fraud or something illegal?

Thank you for your question.

I am terribly sorry to hear that you were a victim of such a scheme. What you are describing however is not fraud, but forgery, since she forged and signed the documents not as herself (her legal self) but someone else. Here is the link below to the Texas Penal Code, specifically Section 32.21 which defines forgery. This is likely the law that you can utilize to prosecute her criminally for the behavior:

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A year ago to the day. I don't know what she was thinking.

Thank you for your follow-up, David.

She was probably thinking that you would not catch on and you would not find out, or she did not take the risks under account while rationalizing that she was wholly entitled to the property, the old 'ends justify the means' argument. This is all too distressingly familiar at times when a divorce or a separation takes place--people make errors or make their situation worse over a very small reward. This is conjecture on my part, but this is what it sounds like took place.

Good luck.