LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

How do I procede to retain an Attorney for the purpose of filing

Customer Question

How do I procede to retain an Attorney for the purpose of filing a lawsuit against an RV resort, where as a resident I was subjected to assalt and battery, attempted murder as well as other criminal acts/
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 years ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand your concern. Who caused these acts and what is it that you want to hold the RV resort accountable for? Were the police ever called?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately, you have asked for details that are not easily answered in this format. By that, I mean that the circumstances that necessitated my moving into an RV Resort to begin with are completely entwined in my present request for advise.

Thank you for that additional information. I will proceed as best as I can and you can then tell me what else I should know if what I am telling you is what you are looking for. The crimes of assault and battery, attempted murder and any other criminal acts are crime against the State of Florida. You are the victim and the State represents your legal interest, in the matters before the court. As such, the person who has done this to you, needs to be reported to the police and the matters will be investigated. Thereafter, the case will be turned over to the State Attorneys office, to file and prosecute. Any civil causes of action can be brought by you or an attorney on your behalf. If the RV resort was the cause of these, they could be liable to you for any damages suffered. If you are looking to proceed, the best place to find counsel is through the Florida Bar Attorney Referral Service and here is the link to their site.

http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/tfbconsum.nsf/48e76203493b82ad852567090070c9b9/ec2322e512b83d1e85256b2f006cc812?opendocument

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.