lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

i brought my car in n a1K dollar deposit for trade on a newer

i brought my car in n a1K dollar deposit for trade on a newer car.they rushed me threw paperwork n refuse to make repairs to newer car unless i told the finance co it was fine.the dealer also ommited my trade/deposit n said i gave 5k down on contract.i said im returning the car n expext my deposit n trade or equivalant back.or im seeking legal action.they said we will return car/deposit.i got there n they kept both n made me walk home? they lied on contract n i called the local police reported my car stolen.do i have a legal case?
i live in New Hampshire
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

I am very sorry to hear of your situation and it appears that you have certainly been taken advantage of. Your post is somewhat unclear so I would suggest that you write out exactly what happened in full detail to give to an attorney and also make copies of your contract. It appears that you do have a legal case for two causes of action, unfair trade practices and also to void the contract as unconscionable.

Unfair trade practice is any fraudulent, deceptive, or dishonest trade practice that is prohibited by statute, regulation, or the common law.

An unconscionable contract is one that is grossly unjust, unfair, or dishonest may be deemed an unconscionable contract. Determining whether or not an agreement is unconscionable usually raises questions of competency, fairness, and honesty. If it is found that these things have been manipulated in such a way that an agreement is shocking to the conscience of a normal person, a court will not allow the contract to be enforced. It is important to understand that an agreement is not likely to be deemed unconscionable simply because one party’s terms are unfavorable.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-unconscionable-contract.htm

You can file a complaint with the state attorney general at

http://doj.nh.gov/consumer/complaints/index.htm

Good luck, hope this helps and let me know how it turns out.

Please rate my service prior to exiting the site, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thats great news thank you i will do as you said and write it all out .

next thing is was it legal for them to keep my deposit/trade in?

they told me they would refund it then didnt.

In my opinion no it is not and you do have legal recourse to recover your damages and possibly punitive damages. However, this is a general forum only and not legal advice.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

would i have a better chance of bringing in other victims of this dealer or at least their public posted wrongdoings to others as well?

That is a part of the unfair trade practices complaint. You should point that out in your complaint to the state attorney general.

Please rate my service prior to exiting the site otherwise I receive absolutely no credit from JA. Thanks