How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26724
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We hired a wedding photographer, paid him and have a contract.

This answer was rated:

We hired a wedding photographer, paid him and have a contract. He showed up to the wedding and took photos. Now two months later, no-one can seem to find this guy. He had a reputable business when we hired him for his services. What is our recourse?

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand your situation and concern. If he failed to perform under the contract, he would be in breach. You hired him, paid him according to the contract and in exchange, not only was he supposed to appear at the wedding and take pictures but likely deliver to you, a final set of images. At this point, your only remedy would be to file a civil lawsuit against him, to try and recover. You could ask the court for a return of your money or specific performance, being the photos which he took and which you paid for. It is tough to say at this time if there are any criminal charges to be filed but you can certainly contact the police and your local prosecutors office Monday morning, to see if they will look into the case. This is assuming he committed fraud and had the intent of taking the money and was never going to perform on the contract, as agreed. Based upon what you stated above, it seems like a civil issue where he went out of business. Once a cause of action is filed, the sheriff or process server will try and locate him, so he can be served with the summons and complaint.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

LegalKnowledge and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions