How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question

Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 52331
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My lawyer has filed a complaint in landlord tenant court for

Customer Question

My lawyer has filed a complaint in landlord tenant court for eviction due to slander and interfering with business... The thing is I have never said or done anything! I believe it is all hear say or lies made up by the management team that they just fired! They quoted to a reporter that my husband and I were horrible people and that they have no proof but it is just obviously me writing negative reviews online! I have never done such things! I am scared I have children. What do I do? I am literally sick with stress and anxiety I have not slept in two weeks. I am so upset it is interfering with everything I do. Please help
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.

Eviction is not a likely outcome where rent is being paid and there is no breach of tenancy. If landlord on the other hand is breaching quiet enjoyment of the tenant, it is the tenant who can pursue damages including back rent credit.

Defamation is a serious claim and can be pursued in court for damages.

I am going to provide you information on both slander and libel since they are so closely related and so often confused with each other.

Both involve the communication of false information about a person, group or entity. Libel is any defamation that can be seen....writings, printing, effigy, movie or statue. Slander, is any defamation that is spoken and heard.

They are civil injuries that harm reputation, cause a reduction in respect, regard or confidence, or cause disparaging, hostile or disagreeable opinions or feelings against an individual or entity.

The laws regarding libel and slander are the same.

To prevail in a defamation suit for libel or slander and recover damages, you must prove 4 things: (i) the defendant conveyed a defamatory message they knew or should have known to be false; (ii) the material was published (i.e., conveyed to someone other than you); (iii) you can be identified as the the person referred to in the defamatory material; and (iv) you suffered an injury to your reputation as a result of the communication.

Slander requires showing false statements made to another causing harm to reputation and financially. It is an expensive and time consuming lawsuit. Consider also if the defendant has any money to collect assuming you succeed and obtain a judgment. Often a lawyer letter leads to the slander to stop and is more cost effective.

I am sorry you are going through this ordeal and I hope this information is clear. If you need any clarification, please ask me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was pretty clear on a of these points that you, made so thank you for reaffirming. I do feel as though I have a defamation claim, maybe something under false light I don't know, do I seek a personal injury lawyer. I honestly am so nauseous and worked up it affects everything I normal would do. I don't know if I should go to the E.R or see my doctor. I have physical and emotional symptoms.. Do they need to be documented?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 3 years ago.
You should meet with a local personal injury lawyer. and are good resources. You should have yourself checked out both so you feel better and secondly so there are records of the resulting injury when it comes down to discussing damages and possible settlement. Wishing you the best of luck. Have a nice weekend. Kindly rate the answer positively.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 52331
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
INFOLAWYER and 11 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is the best way for me to convey what is happening.

I need a philadelphia personal injury lawyer I think.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 3 years ago. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.