Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I had a LifeLift face lift procedure and am dissatisfied and

Customer Question

I had a LifeLift face lift procedure and am dissatisfied and would ilke to know what I can do. I signed a form that covered every possible outcome and held them blameless. An insert under one eye has moved and, while the scar behind one ear is barely discernible, the scar behind the other ear is upsetting to even touch. After 5 months there is still some pain, numbness and pins-and-needles-like tingling.

I have complained repeatedly and they have a succession of counselors, aides and the surgeon humor and reassure me. I'm being stalled and my final appointment is early December, which will be 6 months. What can I do?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.

I am sorry to hear that you feel dissatisfied with the procedure. Have you spoken with outside medical doctors and had them evaluate the work to see if it was done correctly and professionally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am reluctant to spend more money so I was hoping that I could get info regarding my options, first.

Thank you for your follow-up, Ruth.

The answer very much depends on two factors, one being the contract that you signed and the other based on the work itself. If the contract is as inflexible as you state, then that option is likely tough to pursue beyond general claims of breach (that is, if they are not performing the conditions of their service to you). Otherwise the only other option is to claim malpractice and claim that the work that they have done, regardless of the waivers, was unprofessional and improper.

The professionals cannot waive their liability away if they performed shoddy work, but to know that for sure you would need an outside medical professional evaluate your situation and see if the surgeries were conducted property or not. If not, then you would have grounds to sue for legal malpractice and medical battery claims. Otherwise, the only solution is to review the contract and pursue them over any perceived or actual breaches pertaining to what they promises.

Hope that helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much. You've been very helpful and I will follow your advice.

Ruth,

You are most welcome and good luck to you.

Please do not forget to positively rate my answer to you so I may obtain credit for my work. I truly wish you well and hope you end up obtaining resolution. Take care!