Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

i have a ticket and pay it but the court still want me to go

Customer Question

i have a ticket and pay it but the court still want me to go why?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

If I may ask, what is the ticket for? And where does the court want you to go?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the ticket i pay it but say that i have a arraignment date has been scheduled

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

was for speeding and that day i forgot to bring my insurance

Thank you for your follow-up, David.

Just to be clear, you were pulled over for speeding and then you were also cited for not having insurance, correct?

If that is the case, the reason the courts require you to appear is because driving without insurance (or driving without proof of insurance) is a very serious violation. The courts want to see for themselves that you have insurance, and that is why they are demanding that you appear and physically show them that your insurance is up to date. That is really the best way of removing that ticket, and it also keeps you from getting your license suspended. If you are found guilty of not having insurance, the courts will suspend your license until you obtain insurance for your vehicle.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so can i show them my proof of my insurance and fix that why i have to go to court

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

but my question is i missed my court date but they send me the total amount that i need to pay for the bail and i pay it but they still want me to go to court so your r saying that i have to show my insurance

David,

If you missed your court date, then that is very serious because the courts likely issued a bench warrant to arrest you. This is why they now want to see you, you missed the court date and if you fail to appear, you can be jailed. Not only that, but because you missed your court hearing, you also have to apologize to the judge for missing the hearing as otherwise he will simply send you to jail for contempt of court, which is disrespecting the courts authority by ignoring the summons and failing to appear.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so can i hire a lawyer to go for me

No, you cannot. While you can hire an attorney to come with you, if you personally fail to appear, you will likely be arrested at some point.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so your are saying im gonna get arrested, but was not my intention to miss the court and i was paying the bail

David,

That is not what I am stating. I am stating if you do not show up this time you will likely get arrested. That isn't a done deal, it only happens if you miss court again. That is why showing up this time is so important, so you can apologize to the judge, explain why you missed the court date, and ask him not to arrest you.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

but so what are the chance that the judge put me on jail

David,

I do not know, I am not your judge. But based on my experience, if you show up and you apologize, I have not seen people arrested once that happens. I have seen people get arrested if they ignore a judicial order or fail to appear in court.

Good luck.