LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

I missed a probation appointment. What are the most likely

Customer Question

I missed a probation appointment. What are the most likely consequences for this?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 years ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand your concern. Why did you miss your appointment? How long ago was it and have you tried contacting your probation officer since?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was home sick with a cold. I'm afraid I have not. Work has been overwhelmingly busy and its highly difficult to trade shifts with other workers seeing as I am a supervisor at my location. My mind has just been busy with my job. Should I just go see my officer this coming Tuesday?

Thank you for that additional information. In a situation like this, you want to contact your probation officer at once and inform them of the situation. It is not that you missed the appointment that is the main problem, it is that you failed to contact them and let them know what is going on. They likely think you absconded and can violate you at any time. If anything, try and contact your probation officer today, by mail or phone to explain the situation and then again on Monday, if you do not hear anything. Moreover, go in person, if you are unable to set a new appointment and inform them you are coming in. People do get sick and have conflicts with work but if you do not communicate and inform them of this, they have no way of knowing.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Hi. I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!