Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I broke a marble table in my house, drove the pieces to a nearby

Customer Question

I broke a marble table in my house, drove the pieces to a nearby strip mall at night, and disposed into a commercial dumpster. Saw a man taking pictures of my car. Returned back home but went back after half an hour, and retrieved the pieces from that dumpster. What else can I do to prevent any pealties?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

So long as you did not leave any contraband or traces of this illegal dump, you have done all that you could. If there is a fine coming, you can ask that they point to evidence and if no evidence is forthcoming (by evidence I mean physical proof of dumping that I assume your removed), you can legitimately seek to dismiss the fine based on lack of evidence. Just because someone took images of your vehicle does not necessarily mean a fine is coming, there must still be an investigation to see if the information is valid and a fine is warranted. Without proof of what was dumped that is a hard fine to attach to you if you removed the items.

Good luck.