Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Are judges required to answer a letter requesting a response.

Customer Question

Are judges required to answer a letter requesting a response. I sent a letter to a judge here in Austin, Tx and he has yet to answer and calls are not answered as well. Do judges answer to someone.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
What was the letter about?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We went to court and the judge gave a ruling. The other party broke the judges order. We went back to the district court to advise what happened and we visited with a clerk. We wrote what happened. no response. I wrote a letter and faxed it to the judge...no response.

It was a civil matter. Loud music after 2 in the morning. This had been going on for several years and two or three times a month. The judge ruled that the other party could not do that. They did it again within the month. then that is when we went back and wanted to see what could be done. BUT the clerk just took the information and that is when nothing happened. After that I wrote the letter and faxed to the judge and nothing was done.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
The judge isn't going to answer you and isn't allowed to do so. You aren't supposed to have any contact with the judge other than in the courtroom. It is what is called an "ex parte" communication and is strictly prohibited.