Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I want to know if a deed of trust can be executed 30 years after default on the loan

Thank you for your question.

To answer your question directly, the answer is 'no' because then a deed of trust is beyond the statutory period for collections. While the holder of the deed of trust can potentially attempt to execute, if the other party contests and brings up the fact that this debt is outside the statute of limitations for collections, the courts will dismiss the claim outright.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for a fast and direct answer, what is the term of statute of limitation on this deed of trust

Thank you for your follow-up, Nicl.

Colorado has a 3 year statute for contracts. A deed of trust is a contract and is covered under the statute. Even if the deed of trust holder argues that this is a debt, that statute is only a 6 year statute, and in either case the statutory attempt to collect has passed.

Here is the direct link to the statute:

Good luck!