How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 114800
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son is in jail in Simpson county ky on a five yr sentence

Customer Question

my son is in jail in Simpson county ky on a five yr sentence for a sex offender and was told that there are facilities that he could go to, provided the judge agrees, to go to and stay instead of being in jail and that have one on one programs but I cannot seem to find any info on these facilities or a list of facilities and costs. can you help me.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
The program is the SOTP program and it is run through the Department of Corrections at the various DOC mental health centers throughout the state. Which one they send him to would depend on the availability of space in the facility according to the DOC. You would have to have him apply to the court for assignment to the SOTP and then it is up to the DOC to assign him.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I understand what you told me but I already knew this much. I guess I didn't send the right question. I am trying to get a list of SOTP facilities and their cost so that he can present them to the judge. And also, how does he contact the judge to ask to be sent to one of these facilities?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
There are only limited facilities, they are not private facilities, they are jails run by the DOC with mental health facilities. Each facility can house only 150 inmates per time. Luther Luckett Correctional Complex, Roederer Correctional Complex Assessment Center and RIvendell (for adolescents). The bed assignments are made by the DOC. He has to apply for the program through the prison mental health services program and will be evaluated for the program.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you and God Bless you in your efforts to assist your sex offender son in getting the help he deserves.