BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.

Is it possible to remove a civil judgement from the credit

Is it possible to remove a civil judgement from the credit report if it has been satisfied and it is the 'only' judgement appearing on the credit report?

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight.

You can get your satisfied jugment removed. Here is what you need to do:

You need to go to the courthouse where you were sued and ask the clerk for the paperwork required to file for a motion to vacate/dismiss a judgement. Find out how much the court fees are. Then, get a hold of the plaintiff's attorney and ask them if they can file the motion for you since you satisfied the debt (was the debt Paid In Full?) if they disagree then offer to pay the fees in exchange.

ETA: Once you have a hold of that paperwork, simply mail a copy or fax it to EQ and they should remove it without a problem. Good luck! [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

BizAttorney :

Please let me know if you still have any questions.

I will act on your advice as soon as possible. I am very satisfied with your reply to my question. T/U. ;) -RJC

BizAttorney :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX me feedback when you can and accept so that I can continue to help others.