BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
13790199

I was wondering if I have to appear in workers compensation

I was wondering if I have to appear in workers compensation hearing, especially if I did not receive any type of payment? I also explained to them that I wanted to drop the case due to me having bad legal representation.

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight.

BizAttorney :

You do not have to appear for a hearing if you do not plan on continuing your pursuit for worker's compensation unless you have been subpoena'd by a court.

BizAttorney :

If you do not appear, then you may lose all rights you have to pursue any workers compensation claim.

Customer:

the only thing that was subpoena'd was paperwork that I had already sent out. the hearing is shown at this address, which is Workers' Compensation Commission , 10 East Baltimore St., Baltimore, MD 21202

BizAttorney :

I see, if you were not subpoena's and just your documents were, then you are not required to attend the hearing.

BizAttorney :

You may want to dismiss the case without prejudice instead of not attending the hearing.

Customer:

Oh , o.k thanks. The hearing is tomorrow and I do not have the money nor the time to physically go and dismiss the case, especially since I am in a different state.

BizAttorney :

I understand. You should call and inform them though that you won't be appearing and that you will be dismissing the case. It is just professional courtesy.

Customer:

I will do that, but I thought I already did that over the phone with them already

BizAttorney :

If you did already, then that is sufficient.

BizAttorney :

Have a good night and please come back if you have any questions in the future. Take care and please accept so that I can continue to help others.

Customer:

Oh o.k thanks

BizAttorney :

You are welcome!