Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

We are looking for international lawyers that will partner

Customer Question

We are looking for international lawyers that will partner with us in prosecuting Microsoft Hotmail, we have been infringed on our rights in Nigeria. We are jointly sueing MTN Communications Nigeria Limited, one of Hotmails holding partners for Nigerian territory.

Please respond let us discuss further
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post. JustAnswer is not a legal referral business. We answer questions about the law you may have. If you have a specific question about your situation that we can address, please let me know and I'd be happy to work with you.

-ZDN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please read the below forwarded letter from my company secretary to a Lawyer in Nigeria you may likely be working with on this case:

Our Dear Barristers

INTERNET FRAUD

We write to report to you a case of Internet Fraud on the side of , MTN Nigeria Communications Limited,Maritime HouseApapa-Oshodi ExpresswayApapa, Lagos, Nigeria AND Microsoft Hotmail.Com committed against our company Masterclass Resources Limited, No 1 Ban Heipang, Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria.

On Friday 21st of September we purchased an Internet Modem Model IMEI: 356342046000416, S/N:KMA5TA1141135956 and a SIM Card No 0816(NNN) NNN-NNNN(NNN) NNN-NNNN PHC from an MTN Agent on Ahmadu Bello Way, Jos, Nigeria. The Sim card was registered on Ahmadu Bello Way, Jos, Nigeria that same date.

As at around 9.00pm the said Friday we loaded the modem and purchased a bundle plan package of N2500.00 (9.00pm – 6.00am). Our President Mr Joel Rwang Pam-Tok went online and started browsing from around 9.00pm. As you are aware he has 3 business emails and 1 private email. He was using these emails to transact company business as usual. As at around 2.00am on Saturday morning he started receiving alerts from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) requesting that he should change his password, he did, one alert let to opening the second email and then the third email, and the 3 emails were blocked and then the ISP requested him to provide another email. He provided them the private email and all the four (4) emails where blocked.

He was frustrated from linking company business partners both locally and abroad.

That same night he was frustrated from browsing the open web and he had no contact with all company business accomplices. On Saturday 22nd September he received 6 text messages from +447786209750 and all the messages were translated in Hausa Language, a Nigerian Language, what he was told in the Six (6) messages was that all his emails were going to be frozen. And that a date had been chosen to block the gmail address, his most preferred business line.

He had to go to a business center that uses a different modem, he was able to browse normally and there were no problems with the emails. He sent a plea to the hackers in Hausa language pleading with them not to block the gmail address, he later found out that the 3 emails where permanently blocked and he was left with only the gmail address.

Please, we are asking you to draft a letter to MTN to release all the 3 frozen lines (XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX , XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX) and pay us the Sum of US$25million compensation. If the lines cannot be recovered, MTN must pay us the sum of US$100million as compensation for hacking into our system.

Anything short of this we will go to court to ask for the sum of US$750million compensation for freezing the 3 email addresses.

Please advice and let us know what you have to say.

Regards

Yours Faithfully,

For: MASTERCLASS RESOURCES LIMITED

Company Secretary/ Legal Adviser

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.

Again, I cannot act as your attorney. I and the other attorneys on this website only answer legal questions. We do not represent you through this website and our answers do not constitute legal advice. If there is a specific legal question that you have that I can answer about the circumstances stated in your letter, please let me know.

-ZDN
Zachary, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I get my lawyer to discuss the issue with you? Since I do not understand "Legal Questions"

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
I think the case is worth pursuing, although the amount you are demanding in damages is not realistic.

Your claim is unlikely to lie against Microsoft. The hackers most likely are in a conspiracy with your ISP provider wherein they may input a virus which allows access to your computers through the modem. The lawsuit should be aimed at the ISP provider and individuals who gave you the modem. Also, since your system has been hacked, it is important to reset all passwords and stop using the modem.

-ZDN