How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I ama 33yo male in the hospital with Osteomylitis having my

This answer was rated:

I ama 33yo male in the hospital with Osteomylitis having my 2nd not 1st, 2nd round of IV and oral antibiotics due to the factthat in Jan of this year I was having pain from 11 pins and 1 plate in my foot so my Ortho surgeon removed them. So 2 months later in March my footis bout the size of a purple football, which is due to "post op swelling" Now in August the 22nd myOrtho surgeon finds Osteomylitis. I had recieved IV/picc line abtibiotics from 8/22-10/5 w minimal pain meds and was discharged. Ten days later Im back here gain n on 3 diff antibiotics. Nowmy whole leg hurts bad....BAD..My question is are there grounds for a lawsuit and dont I have a right to proper pain management even though I had an alcohol/cocaine habbit, is this discrimination also?

Thank you for your question. I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.

Lets address your questions one at a time.

1. Do you have a lawsuit regarding your foot.

On its face, there appears to be a misdiagnosis by your surgeon as to the causes of the complications you are experiencing. A lawsuit would be based in the law of medical malpractice. In this type of lawsuit you would need to find an attorney who specializes in medical malpractice in New Hampshire to assess your case. A medical malpractice case is very expensive to assert, as most of the claim requires a doctor to testify on your behalf as to the negligence of your surgeon. This means you (or your attorney) have to hire the doctor to provide this testimony, which is what costs a lot of money. As your claim appears to be one that has a misdiagnosis involved, your chances of finding a medical malpractice attorney to take your case and finance the expenses for you is better than average.

2. Do you have a right to proper pain management?

Pain management is like any other medication, it is given to the patient with the consent of the doctor. If your doctor is refusing to provide you with the level of pain management you feel you need, the best thing for you to do is to change doctors. I know that is easier said than done. However, the law does not provide you with any remedy which would force your current doctor to change his recommendation on pain management.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best.


I saw that you rated my services poorly. Is there more information that you need? I'd be happy to speak to you more about your situation. If you would let me know what the problem is, I'd be happy to address it.

I think its fair to let you know that your poor rating means that the website keeps your money and doesn't pay me. Remember, I can't change what the law is, so if you are upset that the law doesn't provide you with a better solution, don't shoot the messenger (I'm just trying to help you)!

I'm a very experienced attorney and would happy to further discuss your potential case. Please let me know if you want to continue talking.

TexLaw and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hahahaa I jus wanted to see what would happen bc it is "satisfaction guarenteed" to whom? WTF? Nah man Ill get you a good rating son but I really wanna know if you have a colleague you can reccomend me to in this state that can help w my potential case, if you could do it and finance it then Id be willing to break you 50%

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't know anyone personally in New Hampshire that I can refer you to. However, when you google "new hampshire medical malpractice attorneys" several pop up. I've been in this business for a while and I can tell you the firms with the websites that advertise are the ones you want to talk to, because they will have the financial backing to be able to run your case. That's your best bet. I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if there is any other information I can provide you.