TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

a sexual touching happend between siblings when they were little,

a sexual touching happend between siblings when they were little, happended over 30 yrs one of them wants to tell law enforcement about this. Is this a legal issue or is this just experementing between kids. ??

Thank you for your question.

How old were the kids when the touching occurred?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

5 and 10

First of all, if this were a crime the statute of limitations has long since passed.

Because of the age difference, had this been a recent event, it could result in criminal charge of assault as there is a large enough gap in the age that this could potentially be a case of molestation. However, now it is not a legal issue because of the statute of limitations, unless there is some sort of connection to a lawsuit or a child custody case.

Please let me know if you would like to further discuss.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help in this matter. One of the siblings is trying to blackmail the other for money. I thought the statue of limitations had run out. This has just come to my attention. Thanks again

If there is blackmail involved, then this is the actual active and prosecutable crime.