TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I filed long term insurance and was denied. I filed an appeal

I filed long term insurance and was denied. I filed an appeal on october 8. The informed me that they would make a decision in 45 days. I just received a letter and was informed that they may take an additional 45 days for the case to be reviewed by an independent physician. What can I do now...time to get a lawyer??
Expert:  TexLaw replied 3 years ago.

Is the appeal with the insurance company internally, or is it before a state administrative board?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure. I bought the insurance thru a private sector employer. The employer employees 250,000 employees
Expert:  TexLaw replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your response. Based on what you are telling me, I'm assuming that the appellate procedure is being handled internally by the insurance company.

I would wait to get an attorney until after you hear back from the appeal. If they deny your appeal and turn down your claim, then you should get an attorney to sue the insurance company for wrongful denial of benefits.

I hope this helps.