TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I recently had an appointment with a urologist. I was 15 min.

I recently had an appointment with a urologist. I was 15 min. late for my appointment. Prior to my arrival, I called the doctor's office to tell them I was running late. When I arrived at the doctor's office, I signed in. Shortly after, a staff member told me that the doctor would not see me again and for me to get a doctor. I told the staff person I apologize and will gladly pay for my late appointment. The staff person, said she will ask the doctor. She returned and said the Dr. declined my offer. The doctor knew I was having urinary problems. I just got out of the hospital.
I have sent 2 next day air packages to the doctor requesting my records. I indicated that I would pay for the preparation of the records, and shipping. As of this date I have not heard from the Dr. or received my records. The 1st request was more than 2 weeks ago.
I did a minimal amount of research on the Internet, and apparently the doctor has abandoned me without just cause and has not recommended another Dr.
can you give me some recommendations on how to proceed going forward. What liability does the Dr. have for this inappropriate behavior. Again, I am also waiting now for 2 weeks for my records after to requests
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I am willing to wait. Aprox. how long will it take to get an answer..

We can't predict how long before an expert replies. There are too many variables that could be involved in that. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you

Thank you for your question. I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.

Is the doctor in Nevada?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

-ZDN
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your response. Yes, the doctor is in Nevada. I live in Las Vegas.

Thank you for your reply.

Nevada's medical statutes require that the doctor make your records available to you upon request for physical inspection within 5 days of the request. The doctor is also supposed to make copies for you upon request. The doctors failure to do so can result in suspension of his license.

There are two options you have at this point. The first is to send a written demand that pursuant to NRS 629.061(1) the doctor must provide your agent access to the records within 5 days of the receipt of the letter. Then you schedule a copying service (whom you have designated as your agent in the letter) to go and get your medical records and make copies of them on the 5th day. This will likely force the doctor's office to comply.

The second option would be to contact the Nevada Medical Examiner's board and file a complaint. This will likely result in intervention by them with an order for the doctor to release the records and make copies for you. You can find their contact information at: http://www.medboard.nv.gov/New_StatsRegs.htm
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was so upset with his conduct, I have since hired a website company and have invested in a domain name. I would like to know if he has any monetary liability. I would contribute any money received to a charity. I am not looking for any personal financial gain.

Unfortunately, I do not see any authorization for statutory penalties in this situation. Unless you have actual economic damages, then there is no monetary liability for you to collect on.
TexLaw, Attorney