How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to start a half way house for rehabilitation of men

This answer was rated:

I want to start a half way house for rehabilitation of men with drug and alcohol fependency in North Carolona. How/where can I find what laws regulate this type of busiiness?

Thank you for your question. A Half-way house is not defined or regulated by the State of North Carolina. There are licensed residential facilities that work with government agencies to provide a place to live and group support for people in transition. However, there are also many unlicensed halfway houses where people have opened up their homes to those in need of a place to stay as well as numerous multiindividual "recovery roommate" situations. There are a number requirements to fulfill before opening an adult residential facility in North Carolina. So, if all you want to do is start a half-way house that is unlicensed, then there are no laws or regulations.

Please let me know if you have further questions on this issue.

Best Regards

TexLaw and 12 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you