AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney At Law
66829710

My bank made several mistakes in the process of buying my mortgage

My bank made several mistakes in the process of buying my mortgage loan from a major bank. 1- they did not get the escrows I had been paying. 2- they did not charge me proper escrow 3- they paid an insurance company for wrong-larger insurance amount 4- I had to get that money from the insurance myself. I asked them to pay the right insurance having sent them the coverage sheet. Finally I wrote to them that I did not trust them with my money and held back the total escrow and depositing it in my bank account under escrow account. I paid my mortgage every month on time and even so they reported me to the credit agencies as late and developed a $5000 late amount.
How can I resolve this and have them remove the late payments and retract the $5000 amount. They are playing with my Loan balance and my credit.

AttyCBradford :

You need to demand in writing for validation and verification of the debt. This is a violation of the fair debt practice act for a company to attempt to collect on a debt that they are not entitled to or to not provide you proof of the debt and the calculation of the debt

AttyCBradford :

I hope that my answer has helped you but please understand that sometimes more clarification can be given if you ask. If you have additional questions please ask. If not, then please press accept and provide positive feedback so that I receive credit for my work. Thank you and best of luck

Customer:

Are they correct for turning over to credit agencies as late and with an unpaid balance even so I am paying on time monthly short of escrow which I am depositing at my bank in an escrow account

Customer:

I have not received a reply to my question t5hat i repeated in chat version.

AttyCBradford :

I am sorry I was away from my computer. No they are not correct, if you have been paying on time and can prove that they are not allowed to "Fraudulently" turn you over to collection agencies or report to your credit. You need to consider filing under the FDCPA and making a written demand

Customer:

Thank you! What is a FDCPA?