Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

Case Information Summary for Case Number 2012-M1-156346 Filing

Case Information Summary for Case Number
2012-M1-156346

Filing Date: 9/24/2012 Case Type: CONTRACT
Division: Municipal Division District: First Municipal
Ad Damnum: $1902.76 Calendar:

Party Information

Plaintiff(s) Attorney(s)
BARCLAYS BANK DELA BLATT HASENMILLER F L

125 S WACKER DR #400

CHICAGO IL, 60606

(XXX) XXX-XXXX

Date of Service Defendant(s) Attorney(s)
KOHLSCHEEN RONN S

Case Activity

Activity Date: 9/24/2012 Participant: BARCLAYS BANK DELA
CONTRACT COMPLAINT FILED

Court Room: 1110
Court Fee: 177.00
Ad Damnum Amount: 1902.76

Attorney: BLATT HASENMILLER F L

Activity Date: 9/24/2012 Participant: KOHLSCHEEN RONN S
IF SERVED, FILE AN APPEARANCE IN ROOM 602 ON OR BEFORE ======>

Date: 10/25/2012

Activity Date: 10/2/2012 Participant: KOHLSCHEEN RONN S
SUMMONS RETURNED - N.S. REASON: OTHER REASON

Date: 9/27/2012

Please note: Neither the Circuit Court of Cook County nor the Clerk of the
Circuit Court of Cook County warrants the accuracy, completeness, or the currency
of this data. This data is not an official record of the Court or the Clerk and may
not be represented as an official court record.

If data does not appear in a specific field, we likely do not have the responsive data
in our master database.
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.

This information is a summary of the case information on record with the court. When you say "What does this mean" are you referring to any part in specific or are you asking about the entire document? I look forward to hearing back from you. -ZDN

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am aware it is a case regarding a charged off account, but beyond that, I do not understand the information on this. I only came across this after finding the information from my Equifax account. Then searched in Cook County for any information regarding the alert saying there was a suit filed.

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
Are you: KOHLSCHEEN RONN S?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
This means that a lawsuit for breach of contract for $1902.76 has been filed against you in this court. This record also shows that you have not yet been served with the lawsuit. That can mean several things. It can mean that the judge will grant a substituted service against you and allow the Plaintiff bank to mail its lawsuit to you or to post it on your door. Once this is done, you have a limited time to file an answer to the lawsuit.

Do you have any idea what this lawsuit is about? It could be credit card debt or something else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It stated in Equifax it was a suit from Merrick Bank, a credit card that was not paid and charged off. I no longer live in Chicago and now living in Florida for the past two years. I had no knowledge of this suit until I saw the alert from Equifax.

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
This may in fact be a separate lawsuit on a separate debt. The debt asserted in this lawsuit is owed to Barclays Bank, not Merrick Bank. If this is a second lawsuit and you were unaware of this debt, then I suspect you are the victim of identity theft.

If this is not your debt, you need to contact the attorney who filed the lawsuit immediately and tell them that this was not your debt, you never had a credit card with Barclays Bank, and you don't live in Chicago and haven't for the past couple of years.

If this is your debt, you need to send a certified letter to the Plaintiff's attorney that you do not live in Chicago. However, this may necessitate you filing what's known as a "special exception" to contest the court's jurisdiction. Of course, since you don't live there any more, this may be more costly than it would be to simply pay off the debt. It all starts with contacting the attorney trying to collect for the bank.

-ZDN
Zachary, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs