TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

Ballys health club refused to honor NYS buyers remorse law.

Bally's health club refused to honor NYS buyers remorse law. They promised a cancellationa dn refund but nothing transpired. What do I do now? I cancelled the membership 2 days after joining due to injury and did so via certified mail with documented receipts etc. Still no action on their part
Are they charging your credit card or do they have a direct withdraw from your bank account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

credit card

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

credit card

I am at work and will have to leave the office shortly. Do you have enough info to just e mail me the answer?
Thank you for your response.

The first thing you need to do is contact your credit card company and protest the charges as unauthorized and disputed. Often, this dispute procedure will end the dispute and get them to stop charging.

The second thing you need to do is send a certified letter addressed to the manager of the club where you signed up and to the corporate headquarters at:

Bally Total Fitness
P.O. Box 96241
Washington, DC NNN-NN-NNNN

The letter needs to demand that the club cancel your membership pursuant to the NYS buyer's remorse law and return all funds to you immediately. You need to describe the exact dates that you obtained the membership and describe all the conversations with the Bally's employees that you have had (date, name, substance of conversation). You should end the letter stating that if your demand is not met within 15 days, you will seek intervention by contacting the New York Attorney General's office and by filing a lawsuit.

Please let me know if you have further questions.