TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

How can I search to find out if there are any law suits against

Customer Question

How can I search to find out if there are any law suits against Q-Med. for their Zuidex medical device" in either the USA or Canada?
Thanks,
Myrna Higgs XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

There is a patent infringement lawsuit in US. Are you looking class actions suits for a defective product?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Zuidex appears to be defective product causing pseudoabcesses in a significant number of people as per Mayo Clinic Research, thus further damaging urethra sphicture muscle and other urethral tissues. The Q-med injection device used for injection and patented, is used blind with no exact precision of where the Zuidex material is injected. FDA approval was not granted, based on the 18 multi-centre North American study that was done.

Q-Med is no longer a public company and has been de-listed in Sweden.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.
I see that this is the case, however the only lawsuit I saw was in the US and it was a patent issue. Let me out opt and see if another attorney has more information available on this matter
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.

There are no current cases in United States federal courts against Q-Med

Some of these cases may be about the product for which you are inquiring. You can obtain access to the court records at www.pacer.gov

Search for Q-med.

There are no reported cases in the state of federal reporters about this product. Access to state by state court records are often only available at the court house.

A general scan through the internet legal sites do not show any ongoing litigation regarding zuidex in the US or in Canada.

Best Regards,
ZDN
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much.

Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
I just want to clarify for you that there have been past cases filed against Q-Med in federal court for product liability. You can locate these on www.pacer.gov

You will have to register with the site and this will allow you to look through the court records on the prior Q-med cases. There was one in Maryland in 2005 or later that seemed to be a product liability case and may be about the product you are inquiring about.

Best Regards,
ZDN