How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

thank u so much. but can i request that my information be removed

This answer was rated:

thank u so much. but can i request that my information be removed from his possession. and bring up that he used my personal info with out permission. because as a veteran, i would be upset to be informed that he does it again. with his job he has access to many veteran socials and info.

I understand your concern. He has your information because he was your employer. My thoughts on this are that if you can prove that he is using your information to perform identity theft and fraud, then you can ask the police to provide you with a restraining order and injunction which orders him to hand over the information and to not use it for improper purposes.

You can also sue him in district court and ask for an injunction for the same kind of relief (turning over your information). However, a suit in district court for an injunction can be expensive and will require an attorney to handle for you.

Try asking the police for a restraining order based on these circumstances and see if they can help you get one.

TexLaw and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions