How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi good evening i hope that you can help with my situation,

This answer was rated:

Hi good evening i hope that you can help with my situation, I feel over welmed and don't know what to do. In june my ex boss agreed to take over one of my lines if he could keep his number. so we called tmobile and we transferred his number to my account. The line was upgraded and had a 2 year contract. I always had to call him and ask him for a payment, but he always seemed to have a excuse. i got fustrated and i suspended the line for less then 24 hours on a sunday. He ended up throwing a temper tantrum come monday, asking me what was going on and assured me i was the one doing the wrong thing. i reminded him that if i was a phone company his line would have been disconnected for failure to pay. He told me he would pay me in the next couple of days when he got his check. I notified him he owes me 5 months of payment and let him know that the lines were going to be shut off, can't pay all the balance. he asked what he owed me and i told him aparrently he didn't agree and wanted me to print out the bills. i did that later on the day and realized that on my account his line was missing. he transfered the line with out my permission i was the only person on the account. he also managed to have 2 replacement phones sent to his house, they were addressed to me. he requested them with out me being there at a local tmobile corprate store. now i'm going to get billed breaking a contract. i never released my info to him but he has my info on my workstudy form. I fear he is going to use my infor for something else. and he works for a veteran out reach program and deals with personal info all day. what can i do ? please help.

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

In Texas, you can file a claim against him in small claims court. You would claim fraud and ask for payment of the money he owes you and any other expenses you had incurred on your bill because of him. You can ask for up to $10,000.00. You will need to look for your local small claims court online, based on where you live. Then you need to go to that court, fill out the complaint form and pay the filing and service fees (generally about $100.00). You will need to know where your ex-boss lives (if he does not live near you, then you have to file the lawsuit in the small claims court nearest him). Information on where the small claims court is located can be found online (or you can tell me where the ex-bosses address is and I will tell you where to file).

Please let me know if you have further question s on this matter.

TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
TexLaw and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i got his address from where the packages were sent.XXXXXbr/> EL PASO,
TX, 79904

would i be able to press charges on him because the boxes had my name on them and he opened them.

and would i be able to request my file that he has in his office with his company? he has copies of my dd214 birthcertificat, social copy of my id. and request that its not duplicated.

You can file a police report claiming that he is committing fraud and identity theft using your information.

The small claims case will have to be filed in Precinct 6, place 2 at

14608 Greg Dr.
El Paso, Texas 79938

This document is helpful:


You will not likely be able to request your employment file from his office in your civil suit.


JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions