lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

i am an american citizen and i sepertated from my wife dec

i am an american citizen and i sepertated from my wife dec 1999 and moved to the dom.rep and have been living in the dom.rep since 2000 NOTE- not a legal seperation!! my question is can i get a divorce on my own without her knowing?? cause if i ask her she might make things more difficult for me.
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

Since you now are a resident in the Dominican Republic then you can get a divorce in that country. While she does not have to agree to the divorce, you do have to serve her with the paperwork. I am not sure how she could make it difficult since it has been so long that you have been separated. Her signature or agreement is not required.