Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Customer Question

Hi. It's Mike. some bad news. I called to see if I was on the court calendar and the guy I spoke with passed me to the awful one, who said she could not tell me that over the phone and only my lawyer could get it, despite her colleague having done it last week and recommending me to call back every week. I quickly got off the phone before giving ms hate to help people my name and address. I can keep calling and hang up when I hear her voice. the nice one had a pretty thick spanish accent. any
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Going down in person is an excellent idea. There is no reason they cannot assist you with the information.

Please let us know if you have any additional; questions for me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this question was for 5starlaw who has been helping me with this for a while. I went through her site and didn't get her. The "Hi it's Mike" could have tipped you off. The whole tone is much more informal than a first question to an unknown person. I am a prominent Psychologist, in the field for over 40 years, and know what I am talking about

And going down in person is not an excellent idea. It is two hours of traveling and no guarantee I won't get that nasty clerk who loves saying no. I indicated that I got it over the phone last week. Why should I give up so quickly. The solution I proposed needs to be tried a few times.

Think woman!! You dashed off a quick, cut and dried answer without carefully thinking about what I wrote and why for a dozen reasons going down to court might not be a good idea (i.e. lost work, health issues.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 3 years ago.

First let me apologize for taking 5stars question. I saw no indication that you made a specific request for an attorney or I would never have taken the question. Secondly, I read your previous questions before responding.

Depending on who you get to answer the phone at the clerk's office can make a massive difference on the information you are able to garner. I have been a practicing lawyer in 2 States for 24 years and I know how it works.

If a Judge has been appointed you should call the clerk or secretary for the Judge.

Otherwise if you are not able to gain the information over the phone and do not want to risk missing a court date you may need to check in person.

I will opt out and request 5 star and again I apologize for not knowing that you requested an attorney. A great deal of our customers begin their questions by saying "this is John" or "Hi its Jim" so we normally do not make assumptions based on informality and try to answer all questions.

Again sorry for confusion I caused.

Expert:  Ellen replied 3 years ago.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Hi Mike,

It is Ellen. Have you had any luck locating a new apartment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ellen. I appreciate the question. So far no, although some golden opportunities are all happening to together, like Avon and being interested in my 4 hour 3cd set audio book "Helping Your Child Learn and Do Better in School", AARP is interested in my articles for parents and grandparents and some other excellent opportunities as well, which have let me greatly increase how much I can afford, which much increases my chance of finding something very safe in Manhattan, and in maybe as little as 3 weeks, I could have more good news that would let me raise my ceiling even higher. I always think very well around you, and I just had the thought that since I speak a lot of Spanish, I will ask for the bilingual clerk who was nice. I also just had the thought that an attorney friend of a friend might do us a both favor and call for me if necessary. Have you any idea if that might work if I can't get the info myself, or any other suggestions? My work is also picking up and I really don't want to waste at least a half a day going to the court? (and can you chat?)
Expert:  Ellen replied 3 years ago.
Can't chat today sorry. How did you make out in the storm?